Monday, December 10, 2007

December 10, 2007





It's been 11 days and Cory and I have made the decision to keep her. I still can't believe that after nine months of being pregnant, Elinor is here...finally. I'm now enjoying my stay-at-home-mom status. We're all a bit tired but we're doing just fine. Cory's back at work, but has been coming home early which has been a real treat for me (going to keep him too!).

Last night was Elinor's first trip to church and she kind of stole the show, which was fun...watching her get all the attention. She far outweighs the attention my pregnant belly got. It's funny...now that I'm not pregnant I feel like I lost the identity that was taking nine months to achieve.

This Wednesday is Elinor's two-week appointment at the pediatrician's. We'll see if she's grown since her 7 lb 6.4 oz and 21 inches at birth.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, comments, compliments and words of encouragement!

7 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle when I read your comment about deciding to keep Elinor! If you ever change your mind, even for a day or two...give me a call!
Loretta

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She must have grown! I swear, that sleeper we took her home in was fitting a lot better a couple days later! Have you switched to cloth diapers yet or is she too small for them still? She's so adorable! Thanks again for letting me be a part of that amazing week!
Marissa

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's more beautiful than i remember! can't wait to spoil her. let me know when mom & dad are ready for a date night. i'm your on-call babysitter.

love-

kate

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well for you three! Elinor is SO precious. I'm so happy for you!

Marilyn

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am amazed that have decided to also keep cory, but any way you now have a lovely family, can't wait till the 23'rd
ray

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Elinor is so precious! She is definitely a keeper!! I am so glad to hear you are all doing great, and I am thinking about you guys and praying for you!!!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Annelie, remember me? Chris's sister... anyway, I saw your sister Melissa at church the other day and she mentioned you had a baby. So I checked your blog through Chris's blog, hope that was o.k?!? I just want to say congratulations and all the best. She's very cute, good job :) . So I don't know if you know but I'll be joining the world of parents too - I'm due June 2nd. Miguel and I are super happy about it. Anyway, just wanted to say congrats!
Annelie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home