Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And now for something completely different...

Way back in mid June I was nominated by Rebuild for the "Silver Spoon Awards". I got a document signed by a Florida congressman and a plaque with my name (spelled correctly, though every time it was said aloud it came out "Dork-e-sen" and "Doe-er-ken-sen") on it with a shiny silver spoon. The Silver Spoon awards recognize volunteer-ism in the Pensacola area. Here's yours truly posing with my "community" award. The picture was just sent to me by email so I thought I'd put it up.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jacqui said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel nice to be recognized? I hope your award is hanging up in your home. What does the silver spoon stand for?

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have no idea what the silver spoon itself stands for.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Heather :) said...

Congrats!! and p.s. you're looking good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home